In today’s “Five for Friday” , I’m going to highlight five current sports business job openings that focus on the CRM, database and analytical opportunities in the industry:
- CRM Coordinator – Columbus Blue Jackets - A great way to break into a CRM role with a professional team. I know the systems they have in place and some of the people working there, and can highly recommend this opportunity.
- CRM & Technology Analyst – Comcast-Spectacor – This is a position I’m very fond of, since I worked there coming out of graduate school. I learned so much during my time in Philadelphia that I couldn’t attempt to list it all, and it definitely help push my career forward.
- Manager, CRM and Database Operations – Oklahoma City Thunder – Are you noticing a trend? I’ve written about it before, but there are definite opportunities in CRM and database marketing positions for people with some ticketing, marketing and analytics experience. These roles continue to expand every year and more teams invent in these functions.
- Sports Statistics and Information Manager – ESPN – I can’t speak to this position specifically, but it definitely looks like a fun role for someone with strong analytical skills that may want to have a little more connection to “on-field” statistics and research.
- Vice President, Prospector – Turnkey Sports & Entertainment - I’ve been a big supporter of Turnkey’s various research and analysis products over the years, and here’s an opportunity for someone more senior to lead one of their product divisions. This could be great for someone who’s been in a team or league analytical role for a few years and wants to bring their expertise to many clients.
I hope these positions peak your interest, and maybe someone reading this just learned about their next career opportunity!
Update: Here are a couple more related postings that I decided I should include. Yes, this ends up breaking the “Five For Friday” concept, but in this case, I’d rather share the extra postings. Plus, it’s my blog, so I can do what I want!
- Customer Relationship Manager, Cal Athletics (search for the keyword “CRM”)
- Database/CRM Analyst, Memphis Grizzlies
- Database Marketing Coordinator, Philadelphia 76ers