#SBWeek 2014 has come and gone, and I am so appreciative to all of our local hosts and attendees for their support. Here are some great stats that show the success of this year’s events:
- 6 host countries
- 31 host cities
- 1,500 attendees
- 1,600 tweets with the #SBWeek hashtag
- 4 million timeline deliveries (via hashtracking.com)
- $6,000 raised for UNICEF
All of the money raised will go specifically to UNICEF’s “Sports as Change-Agents” program:
UNICEF Brazil will train school teachers, football school teachers, social workers, professional club coaches and the community so they can play an active role as agents of change to utilize football and other sports as a tool within an educational framework to positively reinforce life skills, increase engagement in school and sustain and/or increase their school attendance. UNICEF will develop an e-learning training module to train teachers and coaches to teach sport lessons by integrating fundamental sports skills (i.e. technical, tactical, collective intelligence gaming) with core life values such as team work, solidarity, leadership and respect for teammates/opponents.
As I mentioned at the top, #SBWeek would not happen without the support of all our local hosts. To learn more about their businesses, click here to access the #SBWeek Digital Dropbox. Another big thank you to Joshua Duboff of The Sports Business Exchange for all of his help and hard work co-hosting #SBWeek 2014. Finally, thanks to all of the other media outlets who wrote about SBWeek.
- Forbes SportsMoney – “Sports Business Week 2014 Wraps Up Fourth Year With 31 Events And Over 1,500 Attendees”
- Sports Business Journal – Closing Bell for March 25, 2014
- The Migala Report – “How Seriously Do You Network?”
- Turnkey Sports – “Turnkey to Host #SBWeek SportsBiz Networking Event in Philadelphia”
- Miami Herald – “Sports business networking event to be held Thursday evening in Miami”
- NPM PR – “Local Sports Business Professionals to Host First #SBWEEK Event in Miami”
- Business of Soccer – “#SBWeek: Sports Business Networking Week”
- Real Talk Sports – Video interviews from the Atlanta #SBWeek event
- Sports Marketing and PR Pros – “Nice opportunity to get together locally, #SBWeek is this week”
- Sports Business U – “Sports Business Professionals to Host #SBWeek Events Around the World”
- Crain’s Detroit – “Sports Business Week 2014 kicks off in Detroit on Monday”
Check out the Tagboard below for some great pictures and tweets from #SBWeek!