Building on the success of #SBNight 2013, we are excited to announce #SBWeek 2014!
UPDATE: #SBWeek is off and running! Check out our #SBWeek Tagboard to follow all the action, and use the links below to register. Space is still available in several cities, but we are asking everyone to get their tickets online in advance so we can manage capacity with the various venues. Thanks for the support!
We are hosting sports business networking events across the country and the world all throughout the week of March 24th. This is a great opportunity to come out and network with other sports business professionals that work or live in your area. All backgrounds are welcome, from those just starting out to industry veterans. The format of the evening is very casual – 2-3 hours of open networking over drinks with your industry peers. All of our events are listed on our Eventbrite Tickets page at thebusinessofsports.eventbrite.com, and each city will have its own direct link below.
Tickets for these events are $5 each, with 100% of this money being donated to UNICEF. We want to make it clear that we are not looking to make any money from these events. The goal is the same as it has always been – to help fellow members of the sports business community connect with one another. However, one of the best parts about working in this industry is how charitable it is and how sports can be used to support the community. Our goal is to donate all of this money to UNICEF’s Sport for Development (S4D) program. You can learn more about it at www.unicef.org/sports.
View our current list of dates and cities below:
Monday, March 24
- Detroit – 6:00 to 8:30PM at Two James Spirits (2445 Michigan Ave)
- Seattle – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Henry’s 1st Ave Tavern (1518 1st Ave S)
- Washington DC – 6:30 to 9:30PM at BlackFinn (1620 I St NW)
Tuesday, March 25
- Boston – 6:00 to 9:00PM at RumBa Rum and Champagne Bar (510 Atlantic Ave)
- Charlotte – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Queen City Q (225 E 6th St)
- Denver – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Oblio’s Cap Hill Tavern (1225 Logan St)
- Houston – 6:00 to 8:00PM at Phoenicia MKT Bar (1001 Austin St)
- London, England – 6:30 to 9:30PM at Buddha-Bar London (145 Knightsbridge, SW1X 7PA, London)
- Los Angeles – 6:30 to 9:30PM at Busby’s West (3110 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica)
- Nashville – 6:00 to 8:00PM at Pub5 (104 5th Ave S)
- New York – 6:30 to 9:30PM at The Liberty NYC (29 W 35th St )
- Phoenix – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Zipps Sports Grill (1515 E. Bethany Home Rd)
- Vancouver, Canada – 6:00 to 9:00PM at The Irish Heather (212 Carrall St)
Wednesday, March 26
- Atlanta – 6:00 to 9:00PM at STATS Restaurant (300 Marietta St NW)
- Chicago – 5:30 to 8:30PM at Kerryman Irish Bar & Restaurant (661 N Clark St)
- Cleveland – 6:00 to 9:00PM at McNulty’s Bier Markt (1948 West 25th St)
- Dallas – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Saint Ann (2501 N Harwood St)
- Oklahoma City – EVENT CANCELLED – Sorry for the last minute change!
- Pittsburgh – 6:30 to 9:00PM at Jerome Bettis Grille 36 (393 N Shore Dr)
- Portland – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Spirit of 77 Bar (500 NE MLK Jr. Blvd)
- San Francisco – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Raven Bar (1151 Folsom St)
- St. Louis – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Alumni Saint Louis (200 N 13th St)
- Tampa – 6:00 to 9:00PM at MacDinton’s Irish Pub (405 S Howard Ave)
- Dublin, Ireland – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Croke Park
- Melbourne, Australia – 6:00 to 9:00PM at The Duke of Wellington Hotel Wine Bar (146 Flinders St)
- Toronto, Canada – 6:30 to 9:30PM at The Corner Place (11 Jarvis St)
Thursday, March 27
- Miami – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Fado Irish Pub (900 S Miami Ave)
- Minneapolis – 6:00 to 9:00PM at Row 27 Studios (718 N Washington Ave #402)
- Philadelphia – 6:30 to 9:30PM at XFINITY Live! (1100 Pattison Ave)
- Bangalore, India – 7:00 to 9:30PM at Xtreme Sports Bar (765 HAL Second Stage, 4th Floor, 100ft Road, Indiranagar)
Friday, March 28
- Mumbai, India – 6:30 to 9:00PM at Smaaash (Kamala Mills, Gate No.4, Lower Parel)
- New Delhi, India – 7:00 to 9:30PM at Striker Pub & Kitchen (T-318, Ambience Mall, Vasant Kunj)
Please pass this along to any friends and colleagues that would also be interested in attending. The more word spreads, the more value every event has to those that attend. Remember, there is one “rule” for these events – no resumes. This event is all about networking and making valuable connections, so bring plenty of business cards and good conversation, but please, no resumes. And make sure to use the hashtag #SBWeek to help spread the word via social media!