I normally don’t post job openings on the blog, but in this case, I had to make an exception because…I used to hold this position! Comcast-Spectactor (the parent company for the Philadelphia Flyers, 76ers, Wings and more) is hiring for a CRM & Technology Analyst. This is a unique opportunity for anyone with an analytical marketing background and a passion for the sports industry.
In general, CRM and other technology and analytics-based marketing programs are becoming more and more valuable for sports organizations, and people with this type of experience are in more demand across the industry. The knowledge and experience you would gain from this position is tremendous, and I am speaking from personal experience. My career would not be where it is today without the time I spent at Comcast-Spectacor.
Take a look at the posting below, and if you have the background and interest in this area, I encourage you to apply right away.
Summary: This entry level / experienced position resides in the Technology Solutions department at Comcast-Spectacor. This position will be aligned to Sales, Marketing and Customer Service departments of the entities inside Comcast-Spectacor to assist them in fostering and developing new and existing business through analysis of the CRM data and other sales and marketing technologies. This position will be the leader and expert in Comcast-Spectacor’s CRM and marketing automation systems (sales, service, and marketing) and will also measure the effectiveness of these and other technologies and campaigns that drive through these organizations.
- Develop a yearly business plan for this role and the ability to measure the results
- Configure the CRM and marketing automation systems to help achieve ongoing business goals for ticket sales, customer service, and marketing
- Mine the CRM system to create targeted list for emails, mailings, and other marketing campaigns
- Configure, support, measure and report on innovative sales and marketing campaigns to support the various assigned entities and departments
- Create targeted direct marketing campaigns for ticket sales using direct mail, emarketing, hypersites, PURLs, and call campaigns
- Create and manage campaigns to increase entities database and newsletter subscriptions
- Track monthly, quarterly and yearly count of entity newsletter sends and subscriptions
- Work with ticket sales and marketing to acquire new lead lists through various means
- Provide training and support for ticket sales, customer service, and marketing on sales and marketing systems and other technology products and solutions introduced to the business
- Utilize web traffic reporting and tools to generate opportunities for advertising and ticketing sales
- Occasionally work with the ticketing service provider to best maximize the use of the ticketing, auctions, and marketplace sites to integrate with entities’ respective websites
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies and work to keep respective entities ahead of the curve
- Work with the respective Leagues and member clubs to best maximize tools available to generate leads and sales opportunities
- Familiarity with SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and online advertising campaigns
Qualifications – Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work comfortably with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Qualifications – Preferred:
- One to two (1 – 2) years of experience in business operations of a professional sports organization, preferably in marketing, sales or technology
- Experience with Salesforce.com and / or Eloqua
- Working knowledge of HTML, JAVA and Photoshop
- Experience with database applications such as SQL / MS Access