It’s time for the 2nd annual The Business of Sports Awards! Every spring, we take a look back to reward the best content and contributors from the sports business community over the past year. Unlike other sports business awards that recognize the people working within specific organizations, the goal for these awards is to recognize those individuals, companies and websites that create and share the best sports business content and provide the most benefit for the rest of the sports industry.
For this year’s awards, we have NINE categories, including three new ones!
- Best Sports Business Blog – The overall best sports business blog
- Best Individual Sports Business Twitter Account – The best individual use of Twitter to help the sports business community
- Best Sports Business Content by a Company – The company that best uses social media platforms across their organization to create and share sports business content
- Best Alternative Sports Business Content – The best sports business content distributed via an alternative, non-blog format
- Best Up-and-Coming Sports Business Contributor – The best new contributor of sports business content (must have just started within the past 12 months)
- NEW: Best International Sports Business Contributor – The best non-U.S. based, global sports business contributor via blog, twitter, etc.
- NEW: Best Sports Business Email Newsletter – The most valuable, insightful sports business email newsletter
- NEW: Best Sports Business Book – For this year only, this can be ANY sports business book, not just those written in the past year.
The winners in these five categories will be selected by The Business of Sports with advice and feedback from other trusted members of the sports business community. The final award will be voted on by The Business of Sports readers…
- People’s Choice – Sports Business Contributor of the Year – Recognizing the individual that has made the greatest contribution to the sports business community through any and all communication channels (web, email, social media, etc).
Now, I need your help with the nominations process!
I will accept nominations until Friday, April 15 and will then announce the finalists (up to 5 per category) the following week. Those individuals that won an award last year are not eligible to win again this year. Thank you for your help!