It’s time for the SportsBiz Free Agent of the Week. Instead of featuring a top job posting, I like to feature a qualified industry professional who is looking for their next opportunity. If you are interested in being a future SportsBiz Free Agent of the Week, you can apply here.
Now it’s time to introduce our next free agent, Josh Robbins! Let’s learn more about him.
Goal: To gain employment in the media relations, stadium operations or video department of a professional sports organization.
Videographer/Writer/Baseball Historian, 1999-2011
- Contributed historical and biographical content for baseball websites
- Official writer for the Arizona Diamondbacks on Prosportsblogging.com
- Created promotional video of MLB UYA collegiate summer league team for website
- Generated drafted players database for tracking future MLB talent
- Coordinated ticket sales at Annual Urban Invitational Tournament
- Served as Celebrity Golf Tournament Judge and Auction Runner
- Researched businesses and civic groups for marketing and sponsorship campaign
- Developed new in-game promotional activities to enhance the fan experience
- Team Videographer during home games used for marketing and promotion
- Produced season highlight video package and pre-game scoreboard introduction
- Served as Official Scorer for select home games
- MA, Sport Management, CSU-Long Beach (2010)
- BA, Video Production, SUNY New Paltz (1998)
- AS, Communications & Media Arts, Dutchess Community College (1996)
Sell Yourself in 3 Sentences or Less: A passionate sport management and video production expert with proven experience. A baseball enthusiast with the ability to contribute to the development, promotion, and management of sporting events, teams, and facilities. In 2008, set a world-record for driving to a game at all 30 Major League Baseball stadiums in 26 days.
You can connect with Josh through his LinkedIn page, via Twitter (@Qualcomm98) or by email at email@example.com. If you have an open opportunity with your organization or know of another company that can benefit from Josh’s experience, please reach out to him. I want to see this weekly feature really help some great people places into the industry positions they deserve.