It’s time for the SportsBiz Free Agent of the Week. Instead of featuring a top job posting, I like to feature a qualified industry professional who is looking for their next opportunity. If you are interested in being a future SportsBiz Free Agent of the Week, you can apply here.
Now it’s time to introduce our next free agent, Josh Richter! Let’s learn more about him.
Goal: To obtain a sponsorship or retail activation position at a Charlotte-area sports marketing agency or brand. I am looking to utilize my nearly ten years of experience in marketing and communications to service business-to-consumer clients.
Account Executive, Roberts Communications, (2008 – 2010)
- Managed marketing and advertising projects for Global Experiential Marketing division of Xerox Corporation
- Coordinated and executed activation activities and collateral for Xerox sponsorship and hospitality programs at the Phoenix Open, U.S. Open Championship, University of Notre Dame, U.S. Open Tennis Championships, Rochester International Jazz Festival, Citi Field (New York Mets), and Kentucky Derby
Account Executive, Cenergy Communications, (2007 – 2008)
- Managed marketing and advertising projects for the Lake Erie Monsters and High Falls Brewing Company accounts
Account Coordinator, Cenergy Communications, (2006 – 2007)
- Assisted Brand Activation Manager in coordination of event and retail activation programs for Right Guard Xtreme
Sports Anchor, WGR-AM, (2004 – 2005)
- Wrote and anchored 20/20 Sports Updates for afternoon drive talk show Schopp & The Bulldog
Sports Reporter, WETM-TV, (2002 – 2004)
- Produced, shot, wrote, and edited local sports packages and highlights for 18 Sports at 6 & 11
- Co-anchored local weekend sports report, The 18 Sports Blitz
Production Assistant, ESPN, (2002)
- Produced highlights of sporting events for SportsCenter, Baseball Tonight, NHL 2Night, and NBA 2Night
- Canisius College – Master of Science in Sport Administration (2006)
- Syracuse University – Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism (2001)
- While at Roberts Communications, we assisted Xerox in developing an “American Idol” style music competition leading up to the 2010 Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival. The talent show raised money for a local youth program that teaches fundamental business development skills to children.
Sell Yourself in 3 Sentences or Less: I am a revenue-driven, creative sport marketing and sponsorship activation professional with nearly 10 years of experience in marketing and communications, complemented by a master’s degree in Sport Administration. With strong communication and organizational skills, I am accomplished in providing exceptional client service.
You can connect with Josh through his LinkedIn page, via Twitter (@jrichter92678) or by email at email@example.com. If you have an open opportunity with your organization or know of another company that can benefit from Josh’s experience, please reach out to him. I want to see this weekly feature really help some great people places into the industry positions they deserve.