It’s time for the SportsBiz Free Agent of the Week. Instead of featuring a top job posting, I like to feature a qualified industry professional who is looking for their next opportunity. If you are interested in being a future SportsBiz Free Agent of the Week, you can apply here.
Now it’s time to introduce our next free agent, Paul Hemingway! Let’s learn more about him.
Goal: To continue to help a professional sports team/entity to find new revenue opportunities, while at the same time providing top notch partner value and superior customer service.
Senior Director, Sales and Marketing – Watkins Glen International Speedway (NASCAR, IndyCar)
- Directed entire marketing and sales efforts for large motorsports events, including, but not limited to, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and IndyCar Series
- Oversaw sales, public relations, consumer marketing, ticketing & retail staff
- Managed marketing partnerships with regional/national media
Sports Management Instructor/Director of Marketing – Keuka College (Division III)
- Designed and implemented curriculum for concentration with 50+ students
- Instructed and evaluated all classes in sports management
Other Previous Positions Include
- Director of Communications – Manchester Monarchs (American Hockey League)
- Public Relations Manager – Nashua Pride (Atlantic League of Professional Baseball)
- Public Relations Assistant – Boston Celtics (NBA)
- Master of Science, Sports Management – University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications – University of New Hampshire
Greatest Professional Accomplishment:
I take great pride in the accomplishments of the students that I have taught/mentored and enjoy to this day hearing of their successes in the world of sports business.
Sell Yourself in 3 Sentences or Less:
- I’m a sports marketer who compels people to take action.
- I’m a proponent of over-the-top customer service.
- I believe in challenging a team to take risks because the price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake.
You can connect with Paul through LinkedIn, Twitter, or via email at PaulHemingway2010@yahoo.com. If you have an open opportunity with your organization or know of another company that can benefit from Paul’s experience, please reach out to him. I want to see this weekly feature really help some great people places into the industry positions they deserve.
Previous Free Agents of the Week: