Darren Heitner said on June 28th, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Corporate America would love LeBron to endorse its products, but an endorsement contract requires an offer and an acceptance. The acceptance is what is missing. The last thing Team LeBron wants to do is take away from the attention LeBron is getting on the team front. Every mention equates to more dollars. LeBron will get his max deal and he will get his huge endorsement contracts. No need to rush.

Russell Scibetti said on June 28th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

True, I guess there may have been potential offers made to LeBron that he has declined. I still put that blame on the company making the offer. LeBron is a media-friendly guy – he’s said he wants to be a “global icon” so he’s aware of the impact that this type of deal could have. Plus I think he could have a lot of fun with all the press this would generate. With the right offer, I still think this makes sense, so the right company needs to come through with a knockdown offer.

If for some reason, LeBron really doesn’t want this and believes it would detract from his brand somehow (which I don’t believe), why not Wade? Or Bosh? It might not be on the same tier as a “LeBron Signing”, but it would still generate great buzz and both players are very marketable, dynamic athletes.

Darren Heitner said on June 28th, 2010 at 1:33 pm

LeBron has a lot of fun on/off the court, but he is a businessman at heart. He has been much less vocal/approachable lately, and that has been a calculated strategy. Think about who has been doing the talking lately for Team LeBron. Maverick Carter getting all the quotes.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and any other max contract free agent should enjoy themselves for the next week and let things play out. Believe me – they aren’t missing any opportunities. They will all exist after they sign.

Russell Scibetti said on June 28th, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I agree, the opportunities for LeBron, Wade, Bosh and the others will still be around. But the value of the opportunity for the endorsing company won’t be as high – they’ll have missed out on a great window.

Darren Heitner said on June 28th, 2010 at 8:26 pm

It’s not an opportunity lost if there was no opportunity in the first place.

Jamie Favreau said on June 30th, 2010 at 12:18 am

LeBron still hasn’t won!! Maybe this is why they aren’t paying out huge dollars for him???

Just a guess. Plus, not knowing where he is going but it would have been nice for some company to say,”I am team LeBron.”