Joel Price said on February 5th, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I’ll try…

1. a)truTV, b)Intel, c)My guess, U.S. Census Bureau. Pundits will debate why they wasted the money on a SB ad. Years later data will show Census returns skyrocket.
2. Yes
3. Win for Bridgestone
4. Bridgestone
5. Brees
6. Yes, but Colts & Saints will trend higher.
7. a)Comparable, b)No
8. Saints
9. As they say… your only as good as your last game.
10. Colts

Jonathan Halitsky said on February 5th, 2010 at 1:56 pm

1. Best-Hyundai
2. Yes
3. Depends on what they do to make the moment last long after it is over.
4. None, I think Sun Life trumped them all for naming he building.
5. Drew Brees stands to gain a lot, but I think the bump could be bigger for Reggie Bush if he has a huge game.
6. Should be. They smartly communicated it early and often.
7. Most viewers ever, yes. Ratings will be up but not a record.
8. Saints
9. Very successful year, which all stakeholders will have to savor, because clouds are rolling in with the labor dispute.
10. Colts 33 – Saints 27

Rob Scibetti said on February 7th, 2010 at 4:12 pm

1. Budweiser never fails to impress on Super Bowl Sunday. Also expect some of the smaller brands to show up big as well (i.e. Boost Mobile and KGB)

2. I don’t see why this commercial is such a big deal. I hope it airs just because of the right of free speech

3. Many of the 50+ year old community will be buying Bridgestone. Can the NFL move past the Janet Jackson incident and actually get a halftime show that will interest the general public?

4. Bridgestone has the best shot out of the 3. McDonald’s shouldn’t be effected by the Pro Bowl greatly because their brand name is huge. GMC is still going to struggle with truck sales in this economy.

5. Bush and Brees. Both are definitely the most recognizable faces on the Saints. Peyton is already big in the advertising community (see ESPN, Oreo, and DirecTV commercials since Super Bowl 41) so I don’t see a major change in advertising spots for him if the Colts win. If the Saints win, expect to see many feel-good advertisements incorporating Bush/Brees and Katrina.

6. Yes

7. Ratings should be higher than last year. This is the matchup every NFL fan big or small has wanted to see since week 4.

8. Both will be equal

9. Same success as always for the NFL. A little controversy (Vick’s return), a little tragedy (Chris Henry), and the excitement of 2 almost perfect teams should result in a positive year for the NFL.

10. Who dat say dey gon beat dem saints?

Russell Scibetti said on February 7th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I guess I should leave my own predictions since I’m asking the questions:

1. Best – Budweiser and Denny’s
2. Yes, it will air
3. I think they’re going to put together a top 5 performance, which will keep people talking about the halftime for a few days.
4. Bridgestone – better use of lead-up time. I just found out about GMC 2 days ago, and I bet Bridgestone’s deal was cheaper.
5. Brees, but I think Colston or Dallas Clark could also take a leap with a big game.
6. Yes, it should end up #1.
7. Better than last year, but not a record.
8. Saints, and I don’t think its close.
9. Very successful, and a lot of the credit has to go to Favre, surprisingly enough. Now they need to fix the impending CBA issues!
10. Saints are the story, but Colts get the win.

Russell Scibetti said on February 7th, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Oh, and Boost Mobile could end up with the best or the worst ad. Interested to see what direction it goes.