We have a new weekly column to share here, courtesy of our friends at SportsCareers.com. Every Saturday, we’ll feature a new career tips from Mark Tudi, Founder and President of Sports Careers, along with a few of the top job postings that you can find on SportsCareers.com.
Career Tip of the Week:
“The happiest people in the world are those who find out that WHAT THEY ARE DOING and WHAT THEY SHOULD BE DOING is the same thing”. When I repeat this quote from my grandfather, most people ask me, “How do I do that?” Here is a quick and easy homework assignment to help identify it :
DO WHAT YOU DO BEST (SKILL SET)
- List the skills you utilize most when you are enjoying your work:
- List your strengths:
- List your weaknesses:
BE INVOLVED IN WHAT YOU ENJOY MOST (AREA OF INTEREST)
- List all the things you do not like in your job (Rank in order of max dislike):
- List all the things that you like in your job (Rank in order of preference):
- Now, list all the things that you would like to be included in your ideal job (Rank them in order of importance):
- What kind of environment keeps your motor running best?
- What kind of work gives you the greatest satisfaction?
- What kind of people do you work best with?
If you take the time to focus on these questions, in order from your skills to your interests to your motivators, it will beas much easier to figure out what you should be doing and head down the career path that will make you the happiest.
Five Hot Jobs of the Week:
- Associate Director for Development / Major Gifts – University of Central Florida – Contact, solicitation and stewardship of leadership and major gift prospects; coordination of donor activities at select athletic events.
- Assistant Director of Strength and Conditioning – College of Charleston Athletics – Program design, guiding student-athletes through a regimen of exercises to optimize performance and decrease injury potential; assisting with the oversight of sport-specific conditioning programs.
- Head Women’s Basketball Coach -The University of Texas at Tyler – Recruit, coach, and mentor responsible and academically driven student-athletes for the women’s basketball team.
- MLB Editor – Yahoo! Sports – We are seeking a creative and versatile editor to coordinate Major League Baseball coverage for the largest sports audience on the Web.
- Sponsorship Sales & Service Intern – Boston Celtics – Assist with creating and preparing sales presentations. Create and maintain material directory. Assist with game-night sponsor hospitality events and promotions and other game night sponsor needs.
Sports Careers offers weekly, monthly or yearly subscriptions that provide full access to their career resources and job listings. Visit www.sportscareers.com for more information.