Unfortunately, the National Sports Forum has come to a close for this year. Here are some of the sessions and topics from yesterday:
- A discussion panel on the blending of sports and entertainment, with senior representatives from the Los Angeles Dodgers, Creative Artists Agency, Vans Warped Tour, YouTube, Anaheim Ducks and Banshee Music.
- Morning breakout sessions on topics such as marketing and ticket sales best practices, the changing economic landscape, building a management team, and generating revenue through facilities.
- A private luncheon with Jeff Moorad, formerly of the Arizona Diamondbacks, for Sports Forum Inner Circle members.
- Afternoon breakout sessions on measuring sponsorship ROI, leveraging technology in marketing, sales in a down economy, career management and sports advertising.
- The Budweiser Gala, hosted by the Arizona Cardinals in University of Phoenix Stadium. The gala included a facility tour, a wonderful dinner, and a keynote address from Michael Bidwell, President of the Cardinals. Michael had flown with the team to Tampa for the Super Bowl the day before, and still flew back to give his speech.
Today was only a half-day of events, but it still featured:
- A “super panel” discussion on the state of the industry with Presidents and VPs from the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes, DC United, Minor League Baseball and Major League Baseball.
- Lunch and a tour of Jobing.com arena with speakers from the Coyotes, including Wayne Gretzky and President/COO Douglas Moss.
The amazing thing is that, even with the great panels and presentations that are part of the event, I might have learned more from the one-on-one discussion I had with other attendees throughout the event. Thanks again to Ron Seaver for a wonderful event, and I hope I can make it out to Baltimore for next year’s Forum. Also, keep an eye out for my next podcast – an interview with Mark Tudi, President of Sports Careers LLC, which I was able to record at the conference.