Another fun day has passed at the National Sports Forum. Here are some of the sessions and topics covered today:
- An impressive keynote speech from MLB Commissioner Bud Selig to kick off the day
- Morning breakout sessions on topics such as reducing no-shows, going green, digital revenue generation, and customer service.
- Afternoon breakout sessions on sponsorship sales, creating ticket demand, sales training, negotiation, venue technology, and motorsports marketing.
- A “super-panel” on corporate sponsorships, led by Bill Sutton (DeVos Sports Business Program at UCF)
- A massive tradeshow featuring many new technology, venue, and marketing vendors.
The most amazing part of today involved Bonner Paddock, who has been a regular attendee of the Sports Forum. Bonner was born with cerebral palsy and he decided to take on the challenge of Mt. Kilimanjaro in an effort to raise funds for cerebral palsy treatment centers. His story is incredible and his efforts are chronicled in a documentary called “Beyond Limits.” The trailer for this was played at the conference. You can view it below, and you can learn more about Bonner’s efforts by visiting www.beyond-limits.com.