Here are some recent sports business articles that you should check out, and as is the trend, they are mostly related to the economy!
- “Denver’s Bonham Group shuts doors” (Denver Business Journal) – The Bonham Group had been the top stadium naming rights agency in the business, and now they are another economic victim.
- “Bowl economics explained” (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)– An economic review of this year’s Chick-fil-A Bowl.
- Jazz execs plan to ride out auto industry slump (Salt Lake Tribune) – The team’s owner primary business is running an extensive network of car dealerships, so this is a case of examining how an owner’s other businesses may affect a franchise.
- Future of Rampage, AFL still uncertain for 2010 (MLive.com) – Will the AFL return next season? The teams are trying to figure it out, and there is a March 1 deadline for a new league business plan.
- Economy slows 49ers’ stadium plans (San Jose Mercury News) – This is a bad time to plan for a new stadium, and that’s what the 49ers are currently dealing with. One idea is to combine efforts with the Oakland Raiders, as the Jets and Giants have done.
Thanks to The Sports Economist for the first two news items.