Jason Peck said on November 11th, 2008 at 1:12 pm

I like the activation opportunities and “the Fiesta Bowl Advantage.” I was a little curious why you put the term/price in the middle, rather than at the end (that’s where I usually see it). Great job though!

Russell Scibetti said on November 11th, 2008 at 5:31 pm

You’re absolutely right. If we did it over, that would definitely get moved to the end (esp. the price!)

Marc (DodgersBlog) said on November 11th, 2008 at 8:03 pm

This slideshow is fantastic. The content is superb, and the proposed concepts are exceptional. GM, I believe, hit a 50+ year-low today on the market. They could truly use some good publicity to boost their sales.

On a side note, how is your Sports Business MBA Program? I’m considering Corporate Law.

Thanks,
DodgersBlog

Russell Scibetti said on November 12th, 2008 at 9:34 am

Thanks Marc – I loved my experience in the Sports Business MBA program at ASU, although they are in a bit of flux right now. My advice is to really think about your career goals (not what sport you want to work in, but the functional area) and that should point you towards either business or law accordingly.

Ramona C said on November 13th, 2008 at 2:59 pm

This is a great presentation. Very nicely done. The activation opportunities suggested are creative. This is something GM could really use in light of everything that’s going on with them.

As a sport marketing professional with 8+ years in the collegiate athletics and sport nonprofit industries, it’s always refreshing to see others who are as passionate as I am.

Kudos,
RAMONA

Kris said on December 19th, 2008 at 7:56 am

Nice example, Russell.

Interesting that you decided to conclude with local comparables rather than national (slide 16). Did you consider benchmarking instead against other big-ticket/national media opps (outside of phx) and if so, which ones?

Great reading. thanks..

Russell Scibetti said on December 19th, 2008 at 9:02 am

We compared against those other options because of the specific exercise. The other two groups doing this exercise had those properties (FBR and Nascar), and each group “knew” what other options GM was considering, so we could address them directly.

Kris said on December 19th, 2008 at 9:44 am